Degree: Bachelor of Economics (B.Econ.) in Business Economics
ชื่อปริญญา: เศรษฐศาสตรบัณฑิต (ศ.บ.) สาขาวิชาเศรษฐศาสตร์ธุรกิจ
Rationale of the Program
With rapid changes as a result of globalization and technological development, business enterprises face new challenges in the dynamic market which creates an increasing need for people with practical economics skills, capable of making economic analysis and reasoning, and equipped with sound business decisions. Business Economics is essential for understanding the modern social organizations and the interaction of business sectors to political and social aspects in the economy. It is focused on developing students toward systematic critical thinking and analytical skills in evaluating organizational performance and problems.
The program aims to develop student’s skills in terms of writing proficiency, critical analysis and thinking skills; enable the students to interpret economic information, apply economic analysis and forecasting useful for business decision making; enable students to apply economic reasoning to understand every aspect of business management and the organization; and prepare the students for graduate studies in Economics and related discipline and equip them for careers in both the public and private sectors.
- Meet the requirements in the curriculum with accumulated credits not less than 144.
- Have at least a “C” grade in all major required courses. If student gets C- or less for the major required course that subject must be repeated.
- Have participated in 16 sessions of the Seminar in Business Ethics.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or above.
- Have library and financial clearance with the University.
- Have good behavior and discipline.
- Have made a formal application for graduation.
Careers after Graduation
- Economic analyst in forecasting and planning
- Financial and credit analyst in financial institutions
- Marketing researcher or analyst
- Portfolio analyst
- Management consultant
- Industrial economist
- Positions in international organizations such as World Bank, ADB, and embassies